Tuesday, February 15, 2005

blog o' blogs

Another one bites the dust.
An interceptor rocket, launched last Sunday from Alaska, refused to leave its pad. Spokesman for the Missile Defense Agency, Richard Lehner, blamed a ground-support equipment failure this time, and not the rocket itself. This is the third failure in a row. Each test sets us back about $85 million.

England in the news!
According to the Guardian, microchips are placed in new garbage bins in south London, so the local council “can judge whether they are producing too much rubbish.” That’s all we need – bureaucrats peering into our garbage. Yes, I did drink all that beer. Want to make something of it?

Chris Rocks!
According to the Drudge Report, the Academy is a little worried that Chris Rock may be too controversial to host the incredibly boring Oscar ceremonies.

As part of his “club routine,” Rock is alleged to have said, "Abortion, it's beautiful, it's beautiful abortion is legal. I love going to an abortion rally to pick up women, cause you know they are f**king." This is offensive, I suppose, if you’re easily offended, in which case, you probably wouldn’t attend a Chris Rock routine in the first place.

According to Drudge, Rock also declared (to whom, he does not say), "I never watched the Oscars. Come on, it's a fashion show. What straight black man sits there and watches the Oscars? Show me one!"

And he added: "Awards for art are f**king idiotic."

Hey, if he’s hosting, I might even watch the Oscars this year.

Newspapers in trouble!
CNET lets us know that: “Free community Web site Craigslist has cost San Francisco Bay Area newspapers up to $65 million in employment advertising revenue, according to a report released Monday.”

So that’s why they don’t publish me! They can’t afford me! Will Craigslist publish me? No, because it’s the fucking internet (excuse me, make that f**king internet), where everything is free, man! It’s changing the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home