Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Our Magical Heads!

From Craigslist: the Democratic Party rises to new challenges.
Straight male seeks Bush supporter for fair, physical fight - m4m
I would like to fight a Bush supporter to vent my anger. If you are one, have a fiery streek (sic), please contact me so we can meet and physically fight. I would like to beat the shit out of you.

But what’s Randy Mantooth doing?
David Lee Roth has been training incognito in New York to be a paramedic; a few weeks ago he actually saved the life of Bronx heart attack victim.

Blockbuster moment.
Checking out some movies at my local Blockbuster, I found myself standing next to a small, disappointed woman. She was not holding any tapes or DVDs. She said to the clerk, “You don’t have very many movies here.”
The clerk said, “What?”
She said, “You don’t have a very wide selection.”
The clerk said, “Oh, I’m sorry. I’ll dash right out and get more movies for you right now!”
No, he didn’t.

Sunset Super moment.
I was buying chicken at the local Chinese market. I had never heard any employee there speak English before, purchases being negotiated through a complicated series of hand gestures, but as I was giving the clerk my money, a pigeon flew in through the open front door, and began flying around the market. The clerk looked up and said, “Oh shit.” Then she grinned at me.

But I LIKE my food to suffer…
(AP) Touting tofu chowder and vegetarian sushi as alternatives, animal-rights activists have launched a novel campaign arguing that fish — contrary to stereotype — are intelligent, sensitive animals no more deserving of being eaten than a pet dog or cat.

Called the Fish Empathy Project, the campaign reflects a strategy shift by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals as it challenges a diet component widely viewed as nutritious and uncontroversial.

DVD news.
All Ducks have responded with the funny little bits that viewers will receive when they click on our heads- excuse me, our Magical Heads! I won’t tell you what those little “easter eggs” are, because that would spoil the surprise after you purchase this fine product. But let me just say that a few quick pushes on a remote may bring a smile to your lips, perhaps even a chuckle.

Final request.
Can we stop referring to ourselves as “red” and “blue” soon? I think it’s kind of stupid, don’t you? Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home