Thursday, November 04, 2004

Power to the People!

The Media Encroach…..
Received not one but two e-mails from various folks at the San Francisco Chronicle (or Pravda, as it’s probably called by our Red brothers and sisters in the hinterlands – by Red, I mean “value voters,” not Indians or Commies).

One wants to know if I would contribute quotable quotes for a feature on if and how the election has or will affect my work. Well, I don’t really have any work right now, and haven’t since President Bush first took office. Coincidence? I doubt it.

The other wants to know what I’m doing to cope with post-election trauma.

Will respond to both, though once again, neither involves any kind of financial renumeration. It’s the new gratis economy. Everything’s a goddam benefit.

All together, lefties, moan moan moan!
I’m an unrepentant liberal myself, but God do I hate lefties. While the right was out energizing their base, putting the fear of God into the fearful, and putting the God of fear into the voting booth, the left was dithering about whether Kerry was leftie enough for them, and patting themselves on the back for keeping up with blogs.

Of course, many of us of the left-leaning persuasion are naturally diffident. Gay marriage? Sure! But those on the right sincerely believe that gay marriage could crumble the very foundations of civilization. Well, some of them believe that. The others don’t care a white, but believe that gay marriage is a wedge that will drive the value voters into the booth. And it did.

Blame Canada!
If you are thinking of moving to Canada in the wake of the election, Reuters informs us that “Canadian officials made clear on Wednesday that any U.S. citizens so fed up with Bush that they want to make a fresh start up north would have to stand in line like any other would-be immigrants -- a wait that can take up to a year.”

DVD
Here are some lovely pictures what I have drawn. I have been informed that I need to make the lines thicker, for them to show up on a teevee screen. Will do!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You use the expression: "gratis economy". There is a wholo monography on this "The Gratis Economy" by A. Kelen, Central European Press, 2001. Available from Amazon.com

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home