Monday, May 02, 2005

cheese blog

Say cheese?
The police chief of Minneapolis apparently wants to help with the homeless problem, by giving licenses to beggars. According to the Associated Press, Chief William McManus wants to issue ID badges to “make it easier for officers to manage aggressive begging in Minnesota's largest city.”

He told the media, "The idea is not to penalize people or make them go away. It's just a way to govern how they conduct their business. A badge with their picture on it should make them less likely to engage in aggressive panhandling."

Now, here in San Francisco, I wade through aggressive panhandlers daily. I’m not sure if seeing a picture of them hanging around their neck would dissuade them from begging. They probably know what they look like, after all, and if they want a visual reminder, they can always find a mirror somewhere, or a puddle. As for us, the ones being panhandled, how will seeing a beggar’s picture affect our decision to give the beggar money or not? Do we match the face to the picture, to make sure the beggar is really who he says he is?

Breaking news from Drudge
"I am quite surprised and disappointed ABC is devoting an hour of its prime time programming to air tabloid trash," a top FOX executive said from Los Angeles.

Yes! That’s Fox’s job!

From the New York Times
"I'm glad I got the partying out of my system when I was young, because now I'm so over it and I can focus on my career," Hilton said one balmy afternoon late last week. "Now I'm trying to build an empire. I don't want to be known as this Hilton hotel girl my whole life. I want to make my own name."

Me too. Partying is out of my system too, I swear. I want to make my own name too. Come on, let’s go!

Hutch!
According to the New York Times, Pastor Ken Hutcherson, aka “Hutch” aka “the black man” insists that he is the person who forced Microsoft to withdraw support from a gay rights bill in Washington. He had threatened a boycott.

Microsoft claims that Hutch had nothing to do with its decision.

Hutch claims that is a “flat-out lie.” He said, "If I got God on my side, what's a Microsoft? What's a Microsoft? It's nothing."

How’s God at tech support, I wonder?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home