Tuesday, April 19, 2005

celeblog

Obesity reduced.
The Center for Disease Control has downgraded obesity as a preventable cause of death from Number 2 to Number 7. So chow down.

Britney exalted!
From Britney’s blog, March 30, 2005”

Dear False Tabloids,
As you read this letter, I bet you are asking yourself: Who? Who, me? Am I a false tabloid? Well, I don't know. But after this posting, I hope you are asking yourself a lot of questions. Your employees are a reflection of your magazine. Do you, Us Weekly, In Touch, Star and other desperate magazines want employees who are honest, or those who are liars? It seems to me that you'd prefer the latter. I'm really concerned about the people you hire to work at your companies. I'd like them to ask themselves the question, "What am I lying to myself about?" Is it that you are 50 pounds overweight? Is it that your children aren't making wise decisions? Or is it maybe that your husband or boyfriend is cheating on you? Until you face what is going on in your life, I guess you'll remain a false tabloid.
Britney
P.S. People Magazine is great in my book!

Footnote
Britney seems to be worried that the employees at “false tabloids” may be “50 pounds overweight.” Well, thanks to the CDC, false tabloid employees (and Britney) need worry no more! Chow down! And use more scare quotes!

Celebrity blogs.
An interesting article in the Ottawa Sun tracks the blogs of various celebrities (including Britney!): “Stars from A-list to C are blogging like crazy to connect with their fans, often tossing aside grammar, punctuation, capital letters and concern for their image in the process. Their blogs are sometimes fascinating, often banal and frequently embarrassing.”

Bloggers cited include Ian McKellen, David Duchovny, Pat Sajak, Rosie O’Donnell, Bruce Willis, Melanie Griffith, Zach Braff (?), and Tom Green, who appears to have some kind of feud going on with fellow Canadian Martin Short. The world trembles before their rage.

Sam Donaldson speaks.
On network news: "I think it's dead. Sorry." I think his toupee killed it.

Does Zacarias Moussaoui have a blog?
He intends now to plead guilty to…what is he accused of again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home