Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Forgotten Blog

BUSY LITTLE GUY
The last few weeks have kept me from my precious blog, what with multiple deadlines, multiple concerts from the Unbridled Bride, and driving her to same. The Kessler household is frazzled and exhausted, and yet- strangely- exhilarated and proud.

DAVINCICODE
I can’t believe Christians are taking this stupid movie and book seriously. I have read THE DAVINCI CODE. It’s bad John Grisham, who’s already bad, with heresies. The heresies are just spice in a bland stew, people! Christianity will survive, believe me. Why do people like this book so much? Beats me.

MICHAEL NOVAK
“Now when he is at his lowest point yet in the polls is the time for those who love and admire President Bush to say so. Depending on the final success of his already successful campaign to bring the rudiments of democracy to Afghanistan and Iraq, George W. Bush, #43, may go down as a truly great president, who against fierce odds turned the entire Middle East in a new, more democratic, and more creative direction.”

Well, hey, Michael, good luck with your cheerleading. I’d give you a dollar, but I gave my last one to a homeless guy.

SCHOOL BANS SESAME STREET GANG T-SHIRTS
From the Associated Press

BROCKTON, Mass. -- A high school in Massachusetts has banned certain T-shirts featuring Sesame Street characters.

But these aren't typical pictures of Big Bird and the crew.

In some, Bert and Ernie are standing in a gang posture, armed with automatic weapons. Others feature Oscar the Grouch emerging from his garbage can, wielding a 9 mm handgun.

Brockton High School Principal Susan Szachowicz said only a few of the shirts appeared, but that was enough for the school to ban them because of the violent, pro-gang message.

She said the T-shirts also violate the school's dress policy.

ABC NIGHTLINE_JOHN BERMAN
Grown Iraqi men get misty-eyed by the mere mention of his name. "I love Lionel Richie," they say. Iraqis who do not understand a word of English can sing an entire Lionel Richie song.

I asked Richie if he knows just how big he is here. He said, "The answer is, I'm huge, huge in the Arab world. The answer as to why is, I don't have the slightest idea."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home