Monday, September 26, 2005

amazing show biz blog

Another amazing show biz story.
Don Adams has died. I met him once, some twenty years ago in LA. We (the Ducks) had been meeting with his daughter, who did (and probably still does) something or other, something LA-ish, and he showed up at the bar, looking very stylish in a black leather jacket. As I turned and saw him, I blurted out, “You’re Don Adams!” To which he nodded, and then looked extremely irritated. We never exchanged words.

The “Debate” Continues.
Sensible parent, quoted in the New York Times: "You can dress up intelligent design and make it look like science, but it just doesn't pass muster. In science class, you don't say to the students, 'Is there gravity, or do you think we have rubber bands on our feet?' "

Poll
I recently took an on-line poll about soft drinks, which I seldom drink. I love to skew data! I was asked to rate various carbonated beverages – on a scale of one to four, basically – on these criteria:

Trend setting
For teenagers and young adults
Goes well with meals and snacks
High quality
Gives me enjoyment anytime
Good to drink with friends and family
A soft drink that is genuine and authentic
Helps me feel good about myself
A brand I trust
A soft drink that energizes me physically
Is my kind of soft drink
Good when I want to relax
A brand with attitude
Has real cola taste
Very refreshing
Great tasting
Worth what it costs
Thirst quenching
Cool
A soft drink that lifts my spirits
A brand that is a leader

“A soft drink that is genuine and authentic.” The fuck…?

In other news…
Ashton and Demi got married. Kate Moss heads for rehab! According to the Associated Press, Naomi Campbell spoke up for her in Bogota (Bogota?!!) at a recent press conference; said the eloquent supermodel, "Kate Moss is my friend ... I think it's like everybody is being bad to her."

Lynddie England convicted! Cindy Sheehan arrested!

And in the “we need to hear this but we don’t need to hear it from you” department, Barbra Streisand told Diane Sawyer, "We are in a global warming emergency state, and these storms are going to become more frequent, more intense.” She was promoting a record with Barry Gibb.

Not enough to worry about?
From THE OBSERVER: ….Armed dolphins, trained by the US military to shoot terrorists and pinpoint spies underwater, may be missing in the Gulf of Mexico. Experts who have studied the US navy's cetacean training exercises claim the 36 mammals could be carrying “toxic dart” guns. Divers and surfers risk attack, they claim, from a species considered to be among the planet's smartest. The US navy admits it has been training dolphins for military purposes, but has refused to confirm that any are missing.

In other other news….
President Bush has urged us to curtail unnecessary travel. Leading by example, he grounded Air Force One, and cancelled all further public appearances in Louisiana. Kidding.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked with a guy who was Don Adams pool cleaner. He said to get along with Don you had to make sure you didn't ask any 'smart' questions.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home