Thursday, May 05, 2005

My little blog

Who gotta go now?
A superintendent in Benton Harbor, Michigan, has ordered the McCord Middle School band not to perform “Louie Louie” at this Saturday’s Grand Floral Parade, which (according to the AP, that arm of the MSM from which I obtain most of my information) is part of that region’s Blossomtime Festival.

The superintendent apparently feels that the song is not appropriate to play while representing the district, because of its raunchy lyrics, even though the song would not be sung.

For the record, here are the actual lyrics to “Louie Louie,” as near as anyone can decipher them. (The FBI, which once investigated the song for obscenity, supposedly declared that the song was “unintelligible at any speed.”)

Louie Louie, oh baby, me gotta go.
Louie Louie, oh baby, me gotta go.

A fine little girl, she waits for me.
Me catch the ship across the sea.
I sailed the ship all alone.
I never think I'll make it home.

Louie Louie, me gotta go.

Three nights and days we sailed the sea.
Me think of girl constantly.
On the ship, I dream she there.
I smell the rose in her hair.

Louie Louie, me gotta go

Me see Jamaican moon above.
It won't be long me see me love.
Me take her in my arms and then
I tell her I never leave again.

Louie Louie, oh baby, I said we gotta go

Uh oh
GM and Ford stocks have been downgraded to junk status.

Excerpt from DeLay’s “delivered remarks” on this, National Prayer Day
"Think of what we could accomplish if we checked our pride at the door, if collectively we all spent less time taking credit and more time deserving it. If we spent less time ducking responsibility and more time welcoming it. If we spent less time on our soapboxes and more time on our knees.”

Amen, brother.

Behold a dark horse, and the name that sat upon him was Joe.
From the Independent, UK
“A newly discovered fragment of the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament indicates that, as far as the Antichrist goes, theologians, scholars, heavy metal groups, and television evangelists have got the wrong number. Instead of 666, it's actually the far less ominous 616.”

And it’s actually Little Debbie of Babylon, the four pony riders of the Apocalypse, and there were only six seals. They were more clasps, really.

Eunuchs in the news!
From Reuters!
“An Indian man who left his wife and two young children two years ago shocked his family when he returned home as an eunuch, wearing garish red lipstick, the Asian Age newspaper said Thursday.

“His wife, Shama Parveen, fainted when he returned home late last month and now wants a divorce.

"’I cannot live with this eunuch and subject myself and my children to social ridicule,’ she was quoted as saying.”

Amen, sister.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nitpick: I think you mean that Ford and GM bonds have been downgraded to junk status.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home