Thursday, December 01, 2005

Squirrel Blog

Gahh!
From a small town in Russia, BBC has brought forth the news that a stray dog has been killed by a wild pack of squirrels: “They are said to have scampered off at the sight of humans, some carrying pieces of flesh.”

Local journalist Anastasia Trubitsina told the local paper, "They literally gutted the dog."

A villager who would only identify himself as Mikhalich said there had been "no pine cones at all" in the local forests this year. He said, "The little beasts are agitated because they have nothing to eat."

A memory of my youth.
When I was in high school, there was a rumor that squirrels, driven insane by noise of snowmobiles, were leaping from the trees and attacking their drivers.

Are pine cones the nutritional equivalent of dogs?
I was bitten on my index finger by a chipmunk when I was seven years old. I always assumed that it was accidental: the nuts had run out, and the chipmunk was a little over-enthusiastic. But now, I’m wondering if there’s a flesh-eating component hardwired into the psychological make-up of tiny fuzzy four-legged nut-eaters. One more thing to worry about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home