Thursday, July 07, 2005

the ongoing horror blog

Hatred of commuters.
One more attack on commuters, in London this time. Perhaps people in motion are the target of our enemies. If you want to survive, just stay in the house and do nothing!

I went downtown today. When I returned home, I wondered if I should be considered a hero. Briefly. Going downtown again tomorrow. Am I taking my life in my hands?

Pit bull moment
The wife and I were on the way to see LAND OF THE DEAD last night when we saw a drunk guy with a shaved head, with his friend, and a very mellow pit bull. The drunk bald guy had a tee-shirt that said “I Make Shit Happen.” An overly-thin blond young woman knelt down to pet the pit bull, but when she saw how fucked-up its owner was, she moved along quickly.

More pit bull news
From Reuters: “Pit bulls were banned from Rio de Janeiro's famous beaches and other public places in the Brazilian city on Wednesday under new regulations that could eventually make the sometimes aggressive breed extinct in the area.”

Is a pit bull actually a “breed?” What if you have a pit bull mix? Where is the “aggressive breed” line? When is it crossed?

My favorite name this week.
I.Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

What’s the deal?
With Lawrence O’Donnell? How did he “break” this story? It seems to me he’s just taking credit for being the first to voice rumors publicly.

(If you don’t know the story, go here:
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2005/07/07/rove_plame/
(You will have to watch a brief ad to enter the site.)

Then here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/lawrence-odonnell/roves-i-did-not-inhale_3637.html

Land of the Dead
If you're fan of zombie movies, then you are certainly a fan of George Romero. Some critics have expressed disappointment with his long-awaited latest. I am not one of them. The heads of zombies emerging from the river as they advance towards the city of the living. That was worth the price of admission right there. And the screenplay was coherent!

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

It was a great movie.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home