Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Blog Rolling

News From All Over
Scientists from flavorings company Quest International and Wageningen University in the Netherlands have developed an artificial throat. Why? Because they can.

Also in the Netherlands, state-sponsored marijuana is not moving off the shelves as fast as the pot sold in the coffee houses, probably because the coffee house pot costs half as much. The government is reviewing its marijuana-selling program.

The peeved famous.
Michael Jackson is ticked at Eminem, because he makes fun of the Gloved One in a new song and video.

At Amazon.com, novelist Anne Rice dropped a 1200 word diatribe on the reviewers of her latest book, many of whom had very negative responses to it, many of whom suggesting that she may wish to obtain the services of an editor for future novels.

She wrote, in part, “I have no intention of allowing any editor ever to distort, cut, or otherwise mutilate sentences that I have edited and re-edited, and organized and polished myself. I fought a great battle to achieve a status where I did not have to put up with editors making demands on me, and I will never relinquish that status.”

A status where? Shouldn’t that be a status from which? Doesn’t where refer to a place? Is status a place?

Duck DVD
Bill Allard came by to shoot our admittedly cluttered little hovel, in the hope of finding a background for his Mr. Nifty intro to the DVD. With his digital camera, he snapped awful painting of cats (my wife and I collect them), saints (my wife is obsessed with them), and various Leg-o and Pez configurations.

The DVD nears completion, fingers crossed, in the hope that it might be made available for Christmas.


If you're looking to buy pallet racks then keep in mind that pallet prices can be mitigated by buying used pallet racks rather than new.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Nifty makes a cameo? Will he be sitting on his forklift thrown? Will he bring in a swamy from Indiana to play up the DVD's features in a "perky and sassy" manner? Will some stockbrokers try to hawk their macramé breifcases?

Do I have too much time on my hands?

Will J. in San Jose.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home