Friday, June 10, 2011

OK I'm back blog

Snippets from commercials I heard yesterday
“Coconut fruit freeze does not contain coconut or fruit juice!”
Delivered in a sprightly tone, as if that were a good thing.

“Never ending bra problem.”
I didn’t make it to the end of the ad, but I believe that problem is now solved. With your good credit.

Where have I been?
Moving. Debating whether to continue with this thing or not. Moving about killed me. The blog is, well, not that hard. Thinking about doing something different though. Maybe I will, maybe I won’t. Blogs seem to be WAY over. On the other hand, what do I care if they’re over or not?

Song I just wrote. Will be performing said song with Philosophy Talk, at the Marsh in SF on June 19th. Info here: http://www.philosophytalk.org/LiveAtTheMarsh.html

The media gather. A fast breaking flap.
Another fine scandal has dropped in our lap.
The Blackberries shudder. The cameras click.
The fast-rising Congressman looks a bit sick.

A manager, lawyer, consultant and friend
Plead with us, “Please bring this thing to an end.”
A photograph’s shown of the family, intact,
Of the man who just may have been caught in the act.

It’s only a sin, and all sins are forgiven.
The wicked can tremble. The upright stand tall.
The good man will sin. It’s the proof of the living.
Just bow your proud head, and you never will fall.

Someone is sorry, for something was done.
Think of his daughters now, think of his son.
No need to call a man outside his name.
It’s just human nature. We all share the blame.

Up snark the tweets. There goes TMZ.
Guilty or not, doesn’t matter to me.
The Congressman’s wife looks quite lovely in gray.
She stands by his side, with her face turned away.

It’s only a sin, and all sins are forgiven.
The wicked can tremble. The upright stand tall.
Every good man will sin. It’s the proof of the living.
Just bow your proud head, and you never will fall.

We count on you, brother. Treat the thing right.
Thank you for watching. Good night. Good night.
It starts with a bang, sister, ends with a glare.
Thank you for watching good night.
Thank you for watching good night.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your blog is worth continuing. I include it among my check-daily fun-time websites that post interesting videos, insightful commentary, or comic strips.
--Will J. in San Jose.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, *please* continue, on whatever schedule you wish. I and all of you friends follow this blog, and both of us think it's great!

Good to see someone with intelligence and wit on the web, instead of those idiots ...

- Lock

3:11 PM  
Anonymous sewa mobil said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Surly Teabag said...

I still check in on and enjoy your blog.

Have you thought about uploading audio commentaries to YouTube? You could substitute a static image instead for the video. Or just hold a photograph up to the camera while recording.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home